We all get nervous in front of the camera, and it is totally normal. Here are some things that I recommend doing before and during your shoot.
1. Do some homework. Take some time to research some pinup and boudoir artists and pick a few poses that you like.
2. Practice in the mirror. Why not? It’s the best way to get comfortable doing various poses and facial expressions. After all it’s like the saying goes, practice makes perfect.
3. Take direction. There are many times where we give direction on how to pose, or how to set your face. Take faith and trust the people on the other side of the lens. We want you to look 100% perfect, so part of that is taking direction so that we produce pictures that you’ll love! Even if it means telling you to sit up straight and to point the toes!
4. Don’t be afraid to look silly. We’ll take a lot of shots during your session. There are bound to be a few that will look awkward, silly, or just plain unusable. Allow yourself to take chances. When posing we highly encourage you to move around and try things that may be out of your comfort zone. If an idea works we move forward, and if it doesn’t we’ll quickly change gears.
5. Relax. Seems really simple right? But it’s hard to do when you have the jitters. Usually, being tense comes across in the pictures. So, I can’t say enough how important it is to take a deep breath and relax.
6. Have fun! We all feel the pressure of getting the best, sexiest photos possible, but often we forget to have a good time and have fun. Part of getting great pictures is being relaxed, having fun, and exploring. When you allow yourself to do those things, the pictures that come out really shine.